At Little Swappies, we are a two-mom team with five children amongst us. With numerous events being planned for 2015 and our busy lives in NYC, we can get seriously stressed. Not all stress is bad and throughout the course of our day we find that it can actually help us to channel and refocus, but we do have our favorite natural stress relievers that help to keep us energized and focused.
1. Cup of Tea: Tea is renowned for its healing properties and one of our favorites after a long day is a cup of naturally decaffeinated peppermint tea. It is excellent for stress relief because it has natural menthol, which has properties that can help to relax the muscles as well as calm the mind of anxiety.
2. Yoga: Yoga is an excellent way to tune into your body and be present. It is also an amazing workout which increases your flexibility, muscle tone, and strength. Since we can’t always get to a yoga studio, we love to use the online tool, My Yoga Works, which allows you can discover classes on the go close to wherever you!
3. Writing: Writing is a fantastic way to connect to your thoughts while refocusing stress. We like to reflect at the end of the day with our journals as a way to channel ideas and de-connect from technology.
4. A Good Book: There is nothing better than curling up to a good book at the end of the day. It is a great way to unwind and soak in the magic and excitement of characters. We are currently reading 10% Happier by Dan Harris and enjoying reading about his hilarious, and deeply skeptical odyssey through the strange worlds of spirituality and self-help, as he discovers a way to become happier in an achievable way.
5. RESCUE Pastilles: For in-the-moment stressors, we are taking relief in a natural way thanks to RESCUE Pastilles. Our favorites is the black currant flavor pastille lozenges that work to soothe, calm, and relax thanks to being packed with natural herbs such as Star of Bethlehem, Clematis, Rose Rock, Cherry Plum and Impatiens. In New York City, these lozenges are extremely useful when dealing with in the moment stressors like crowded subways or delays. The lozenges also help to create calmness and allow you to refocus after stressful situations. RESCUE Pastilles are created by a BACH, a trusted brand for over 70 years and one of the largest manufacturers of natural dietary supplements in U.K, which we love.
While stress isn’t the easiest thing to combat, we appreciate that there are natural ways to make it easier to cope with it.
How do you combat stress naturally?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.