With this weekend being kick-off of the holiday shopping season, we are hoping that you will join us on December 7th in Manhattan for a very different way to get some new goodies while also getting rid of excess by donating your own items. At the Little Swappies Holiday event you will have the chance to bring in your gently used kids’ items (clothes, books, toys), and exchange them for things your family can currently use as well as the chance to shop sample sale prices with RUUM and Polarn O. Pyret. Our events are meant for everyone to meet members of your community and know that all remaining items will be passed along to those in need by our charity partner, Room to Grow.
Here are more details on how our swaps work – hope to see you there!
1. Collect your items: Before the swap, go through your old items. We suggest that if you have items in your closet over two years old then it’s time to donate them. Look at the sizes of the clothing in your kids closets to see if they can still fit into them. It is very easy to forget about things that are hanging or folded away. Passing along these items is a great way to give back to your community while also assuring that you don’t live with excess.
2. Arrive on time: The event is held from 10am-12pm. From 10am-11am, while volunteers organize the items brought by category, size, and gender, you will have access to meet and interact with some great event sponsors. Don’t forget to check out our exclusive sample sales with RUUM and Polarn O. Pyret.
We will also have a wonderful kids area with FREE babysitting services, music, books, and arts & crafts using upcycled materials for the kids. Don’t forget to drop off your filthy strollers for a FREE stroller cleaning. Fill out your raffle ticket and choose which prize you would like to enter to win. It is also a fantastic time to meet someone new and interact with fellow parents in your community.
3. Get ready to swap: When the swap doors open at 11:15am. Locate the signs for toys, books, maternity clothes, accessories, and kids clothing (arranged by size and gender) and start picking out your new items! Little Swappies provides swap bags for all participants.
4. Check out: After you are done, head to check out with your 15 items, and pick up a goody bag filled with fun items from our event partners. Check the raffle prize winner board to see if you won something great. One lucky winner will be winning a lunch date with Ryan Serhant of Bravo TV’s Million Dollar Listing! Any items that aren’t swapped are then donated to our charity partner, Room to Grow.
5. Enjoy! After the swap, enjoy your new items! Feel good about what you’ve done. Not only are you doing your part to reduce, reuse, and recycle, you are teaching your kids about giving back. Happy Holidays!
Have more questions? Be sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org